picked up from The Movies.
- Don’t forget to eat, your dinner rolls will dance (The Gold Rush, 1925)
- Don’t accept a party invitation from an aging movie queen, you’ll be the only guest and things could get sticky (Sunset Blvd., 1950)
- Don’t try to spend it with your married boyfriend, he’ll leave early to be with his wife and you’ll be depressed (The Apartment, 1960)
- Don’t go cheating on your husband, even if you’re a porn star (Boogie Nights, 1997)
- Don’t underestimate guerrillas or ever betray your brother (The Godfather Part II, 1974)
- Don’t – whatever else you do – spend it on an ocean liner (The Poseidon Adventure, 1972)
Oh, and – even though I couldn’t find a movie scene about it – don’t drink and drive. Happy New Year!